Monday, July 27, 2009

the Importance of Parents

Things have been weird for me. Huge new changes in my perspectives, and a new phase of parenting (don't they all seem new?).
In any case my son is going through a time period that was extremely challenging and difficult for me. It was the time my mother became ill and died over a period of two years.
Somehow with my son being that age, I have been affected so intensely. Also, I have strangely "become" my mother at times, which I absolutely abhor!
This morning as I gazed out the window at my ever changing gardens, I thought about how the experience as children with our parents stays with us for our entire lives.
I think little is as affecting. Except love relationships. But not nearly as much.
I am trying to figure out how to free myself from some of the trauma of my experiences so that I can be present and joyful with my son now, so that he can grow into a love filled man, after he passes through these, such very important years of growth, from 11-16.

Love is everything.
Stuff he made this year, for presents (and I helped):




No comments:

Post a Comment